PLEASE NOTE: This is a pre-sale for the album release at October 6th, 2023. It will be shipped to you shortly before the release.
- King Of Hearts
- Axiom Architect
- Our Soul Sets Sail
- Sword Swallower
- Sister in Black
- The Devil’s Tongue
- Queen Of Hearts
- Dig Deeper
- Lunar Assailant
Linus Klausenitzer: Fretless Bass, Fretted Bass, Synths
- Javi Perera (Obsidious): Vocals
- Ian Waye (Soreption): Lead & Rhythm Guitars in all songs
- Aaron Homma (Annihilator, Killitorous): Lead & Rhythm Guitars in song 1, Acoustic Guitars
- Vanesa Jalife: Piano
- Hannes Grossmann (Alkaloid, Triptykon, Ex-Obscura, Ex-Necrophagist): Drums
- Guitar Solos:
- Roland Grapow (Masterplan, Ex-Helloween) in song 1
- Phil Tougas (First Fragment, Chthe’ilist) in song 2
- Ian Waye (Soreption) in song 3, 4, 7, 8
- V. Santura (Triptykon) in song 5
- Dee Dammers (U.D.O., Dirkschneider) in song 6
- Chris Hermsdörfer (Beyond The Black, Serenity) in song 9
- Nicolas Alberny (Gorod) in song 10
Label: AOP Records
Produced by Hannes Grossmann & Linus Klausenitzer
Mixed & Mastered by Hannes Grossmann at Mordor Sounds Studio, Germany
All music and lyrics written by: Linus Klausenitzer
Concept inspiration by the German book “Die Sphinx” from Emil Besetzny
Artwork and paintings by: Nino Andaresta
Album Layout by: Heresie Studio
Official Press Release:
Get ready to enter a world of alchemy with the debut solo album from renowned bassist Linus Klausenitzer. Inspired by the German book “Die Sphinx” (1873) from Emil Besetzny, ‘Tulpa’ takes listeners on a musical odyssey through time, exploring the story of an Austrian lord’s attempt to create artificial humans through the ancient art of alchemy.
Each song on the album delves into one of these intriguing beings. From the cunning and political prowess of the ‘King’, to the divine messages delivered by the ‘Seraph’, and the evil presence of the ‘Red Ghost’, each character is brought to life through the sounds of melodic and progressive metal.
This album showcases Linus Klausenitzer’s versatility as a musician and composer, featuring a blend of technical playing and catchy hooks that will captivate listeners from start to finish. Mostly known for playing complex music, he aimed to make this album a collection of accessible and approachable songs. Bassist Linus Klausenitzer’s signature 6-string fretless bass sound remains prominently featured, providing a strong foundation for each composition.The album takes the listener on a wild ride through complex musical landscapes, each track building upon the last.
With its powerful vocals, intricate arrangements, and thought-provoking lyrics, “Tulpa” is a must-listen for any fan of heavy music and anyone who loves to be transported to otherworldly realms.